We’ll explore Fitzpatrick’s painting, sculpture and the unique pairings created with works from Leeds University Library Galleries and Special Collections, including photographs from the Leeds Archive of Vernacular Culture.
- This event is taking place in the South Bank Room on our ground floor.
- There are accessible toilets on the ground floor.
- The event will be live streamed to YouTube. Select ‘online ticket’ on the booking page and you’ll be sent a link to join the live stream on the day of the event. Automated closed captions are available on Youtube.
- We will upload a fully captioned recording as soon as possible after the event.
- Please call us on 0113 320 2323 or email email@example.com if you have any specific questions about access.
For more information about visiting The Tetley, click here.
Paul Clinton is a writer based in London. He is currently a lecturer in the Art Department at Goldsmiths University of London and previously held positions as senior editor at frieze magazine, and as 2019-21 Royal Academy Resident in Critical Practice. He has written for frieze, Art Review, Art Monthly, London Review of Books amongst other magazines, and his catalogue essays include for Hayward Gallery, London, Palais de Tokyo, Paris, Succession, Vienna, as well as delivering talks at MOMA, New York, Staedelschule, Frankfurt, and Tate Modern, London. His curated projects include Militant Desire at Gasworks, Lux and Ireland’s EVA Biennial, Limp at Galerie Emanuel Layr, Vienna, Forbidden to Forbid, Goswell Road, Paris, and duh? Art & Stupidity at Focal Point Gallery, Southend-on-Sea.
Justin Fitzpatrick (b.1985 Dublin, Ireland) lives in Montargis, France. His practice explores conceptual metaphors; metaphors that structure our world view and perspective. Recent works have focused on diagrammatic hydraulic imagery, anatomical drawings, sci-fi book covers and Art Nouveau illustration.
His work has been included in exhibitions in the UK and internationally. Recent solo exhibitions include: Omega Salad, Seventeen, London (2020); A Pulsation of the Artery, Foxy Production, New York (2019); URIZEN, Sultana, Paris (2019) and Underworld, KevinSpace, Vienna (2018).