Discover Bea’s colourful splat mats: squeeze, stack, pull, grab, touch, scratch, mash and bash different objects.
Enjoy play time with your little one as they explore using their senses and take a moment to relax in our warm, friendly environment.
- These are free, drop-in sessions. No booking is required, just turn up!
- The session is staffed but please stay with your child at all times.
- This art and play group takes place on the ground floor of Hamara Healthy Living Centre.
- There is ramped access from the street and level access throughout the route to the play sessions.
- The activities are centred around a play mat on the floor, with chairs around the mat. Parents and carers can sit on the mat or on a chair to play.
Beatrice Lee Knowles is an artist based in Sheffield. Knowles’ work has a sensory focus and she designs and makes resources that encourage open ended exploration and ignite creative play.
The Tetley art gallery is collaborating with Hamara Healthy Living Centre to provide a positive, relaxed session each week for families with young children to play together.
The sessions are part of Inside Out, The Tetley’s art and play project for children and families in Beeston and Beeston Hill.
Supported by the National Lottery Community Fund, The Liz & Terry Bramall Foundation and the Sir George Martin Trust