Jobs & Opportunities
Role: Corridor8 Art Writing Residency at The Tetley
Fee: (Inclusive of Travel Costs) £1,000
Deadline: 22 August, 5pm.
The online platform for critical art writing, Corridor8, invites proposals for an early career writer-in- residence at The Tetley, Leeds.
This residency opportunity is intended to encourage critical and creative forms of art writing that depart from a review-style format, which demonstrates the relevance of contemporary art (its production, display and reception) to wider issues and contexts. Based in The Tetley, the writer-in-residence will have the opportunity to develop their own writing and contribute to the The Tetley’s wider programme, diversifying their experience of writing in art organisational settings and developing public programmes.
The successful applicant will spend at least 10 days at The Tetley, producing the following:
- Write a 1,200 word piece of art writing that broadly and creatively responds to Jonathan Trayte’s current solo exhibition Polyculture (21 July – 9 October 2016).
- Contribute to online and printed materials relating to The Tetley’s autumn exhibition, such as proofing and writing content for online and exhibition interpretation.
- Develop and deliver a public event in late October exploring their research and writing.
- Participate in a half-day public workshop on critical art writing in November 2016.
- Attend the launch of the publication in January.
Corridor8 And The Tetley will provide:
- A residency space will be available to the writer-in-residence at The Tetley from Monday 5 September – 31 October.
- Mentoring and editorial support throughout the residency from Corridor8 and The Tetley.
- Mentoring sessions from two established writers.
- Inclusion of the final text produced on the residency with a printed publication alongside essays by established writers, to be launched in January 2017.
- Applicants must be based in the Yorkshire region, at an early stage of their career and have a genuine interest in working closely with artists, writers, curators and editors to evolve their writing practice.
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of the candidates’ suitability to the residency and quality of writing. The selection panel is comprised of Lara Eggleton (C8), Bryony Bond and Zoe Sawyer (The Tetley) and Jonathan Trayte (Artist).
Please apply for this role through Curatorspace -> here
Supported by Arts Council England